Support Your Students Health!
Research shows that your student’s ability to stay in school and perform at their best is closely tied to their emotional well-being. Support your student by:
- Acknowledging that your student’s transition is also a transition for you. Take some time to honor your own process with the Transition Tips for parents/family.
- Understanding where to direct them to go on campus to find emotional, health & wellness or academic support.
- Encouraging them to become actively involved in their own wellness and the health of their community through the Counseling and Wellness workshops, therapeutic Groups, and wellness resources available like the self care apps and the Campus Recreation Center for a free space to focus on physical health.
- Noticing if they’re struggling and referring to those on campus who are qualified to help.
- Reminding them to eat! Students can eat at one of the many dining halls and cafés across campus. Students experiencing food insecurity can utilize Western’s Basic Needs resources and the Western Hub of Living Essentials (WHOLE).