Brunch in a Box Cooking Demo
Cook along with Western's Orientation Student Advisors in a pre-recorded cooking demo of the Brunch in a Box that includes Salmon Frittata and Crave Coffee Cake recipes! In these videos, students will demonstrate the basic steps to prepare and cook the following seasonal, PNW menu.
What you’ll prepare and enjoy with the ultra-local contents of each box:
- Local Lummi Island Smoked Salmon presented with Frittata Recipe created with
- Appel Farms Feta Cheese
- Spice Hut Seafood Spice Blend
- Marie’s Bees Honey
- Bellewood Farms Honeycrisp Apples
- Crave Coffee Cake Mix with Williams Farm Blueberries
- Sauk Farm fresh pressed honeycrisp apple cider
- Bellingham Coffee Roasters: WWU Viking Blend
(Note: Sour cream/milk, chives and eggs are not included in brunch kits and will need to be purchased separately)
Crave Coffee Cake Cooking Demo
Smoked Salmon Frittata Cooking Demo
PNW Coffee Cake Recipe
Coffee Cake Mix (large bag)
2/3 Cup Water
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
Streusels Mix (small bag)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8” pan.
- Stir together water, oil, egg and cake mix until blended. The batter will be a little lumpy.
- Fold in dried berries.
- Place half of batter into pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle half of streusel topping evenly over batter.
- Pour remaining batter evenly over streusel layer. Sprinkle remaining streusel topping evenly over batter.
- Bake for 41-45 minutes or until a test toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For glass pan, add 5 minutes to bake time. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Smoked Salmon Frittata with Feta Cheese Recipe
- 1/4 lb. (4 ounces) hot-smoked salmon
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbs milk or cream
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz. fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch chives, chopped - optional
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of Spice Hut Seafood Spice Blend
Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Skin the salmon and break the flesh into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/2 tsp of Spice Hut Seafood Spice Blend, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the salmon, cheese and chives. In a large ovenproof fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute, then transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the frittata is set in the center and slightly puffed up, 20 - 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.